? S P E C I A L O F F E R ? ► try Audiobooks .com ? for FREE! https://bit.ly/2CBueWR
► S H O P great books & gifts: https://www.amazon.com/shop/GreatestAudioBooks
– The Communist Manifesto (Das Kommunistische Manifest), originally titled Manifesto of the Communist Party (German: Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei), is a short 1848 publication written by the political theorists Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. It has since been recognized as one of the world’s most influential political manuscripts. Commissioned by the Communist League, it laid out the League’s purposes and program. It presents an analytical approach to the class struggle (historical and present) and the problems of capitalism, rather than a prediction of communism’s potential future forms.
The book contains Marx and Engels’ theories about the nature of society and politics, that in their own words, “The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles”. It also briefly features their ideas for how the capitalist society of the time would eventually be replaced by socialism, and then eventually communism.
►F A C E B O O K:
►T W I T T E R :
► S U B S C R I B E to Greatest Audio Books:
? F R E E 30 day Audible Audiobooks Trial:
? B U Y T-SHIRTS & MORE:
? F R E E Audiobooks .com ? 30 day trial:
Goals stated within The Communist Manifesto:
1) Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2) A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3) Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4) Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5) Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6) Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7) Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8) Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9) Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
10) Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form and combination of education with industrial production.
(Summary adapted from Wikipedia.org – Attribution: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Communist_Manifesto&action=history)
– READ along by clicking (CC) for Closed Caption Transcript!
– LISTEN to the entire audiobook for free!
Chapter listing and length:
THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO
Section 1: Bourgeois and Proletarians – 00:39:48
Section 2: Proletarians and Communists – 00:27:24
Section 3: Socialist and Communist Literature – 00:29:41
(Total Length – 1:36.53)
#audiobook #audiobooks #freeaudiobooks #greatestaudiobooks #book #books #free #top #best
Read by: Jon Ingram
This video: Copyright 2018. Greatest Audio Books. All Rights Reserved. Audio content is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer visit librivox.org.
As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate with other select companies we earn from qualifying purchases. Your purchases through affiliate links help to generate revenue for this channel. Thank you for your support.